Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vietnam Day 11

Final days in Vietnam..... It's funny how fate brings people together....8,000 miles and 40 years later we find ourselves dropped in the middle of what I think was the biggest part of the trip for my father....

The man in this video is a Vietnamese General named General Ngyen Etiml Thi.We met him at the hotel where we were staying in Da Lat. His sister owned the hotel and this is how he and my father were brought together after all these years. We figured the general to be around 15 or 16 years old during the war where he fought for the North and against my father. General Thi was wounded pretty badly suffering two to three hits in the leg and another in the chest. He is lucky to be alive, but holds no ill feelings toward Americans, in fact, during this touching moment in the hotel lobby, the two soldiers made peace with each other and the General thanked my father for coming back after nearly forty years....



I hope you enjoyed this video.... this is what this trip was all about and I am so glad that my father is now able to let go of whatever troubled feelings he was holding in for the past forty years and move on with the rest of his life knowing what he did in the war was a good thing no matter what the media and governments on both sides portrayed it to be....

T1 out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment