Saturday, September 3, 2011

Vietnam.... Day One!

So after an amazingly long journey, we have finally reached Vietnam and are currently spending our first couple of days in Ho Chi Minh City. I must say that this city is incredible to say the least. I have been to some of the biggest cities in the world and Ho Chi Minh is up there with all of them. The people and the culture here are like no other you will find. I have never seen so much wealth and poverty in such a close proximity to one another, nor have I seen so many motorcycles in use at one time. I even had the opportunity to ride on one with a local and it was a ride of a lifetime!

Pops and I then had a chance to experience the night life a little bit last night and after enjoying a couple free beers at the amazing Rex Hotel in the heart of downtown, we went on to explore a little more and found a great Jazz/Wine bar with live music. Little do we know how small this huge world can be, but within ten minutes of being there, we were introduced to a character named Johnny who played guitar in the band. Then we came to find out that open jamming is welcomed and there was a whole line up of guests from around the world..... a sax and flute player from New York City, a bass player from Cinn., OH and two drummers from West Virginia, myself and pops! So within an hour we were up on stage rockin out with some locals and guests from around the globe and it was amazing! Pictures and video to come later!

So today we have preperation and planning to do for our 8 day trip into the heart of the country so I will leave you with a few images I do have ready to go from yesterday's trip around town.... Stay posted for more in a few weeks!









Hope you enjoyed!

T1 out!

No comments:

Post a Comment